EVER WANT TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL AND WATCH ANOTHER PHOTOGRAPHER “DO THEIR THING?” HERE’S YOUR CHANCE!
We’re always looking for awesome peeps to assist us at weddings! Our assistants hang out with us on the day of a wedding for 4 to 5 hours and help us out with all kinds of fun tasks while getting a behind-the-scenes look at being a wedding photographer!
What kind of things does an assistant do?
- carry/watch bags
- set up lightstands & other equiptment
- hand us lenses
- hold a reflector
- keep an eye on the timeline & portrait list
- get drinks for our bride & groom
- whatever other small tasks may arise throughout the day
That doesn’t sound very glamorous. What’s in it for me?
- Assisting at a wedding is a volunteer opportunity that can help a newer photographer gain experience and see what being a wedding photographer is all about.
- It’s a great chance to ask questions about the how and why of what we do! (Our couples are always our first priority of course, but we are happy to chat about whatever you’d like when the opportunity presents itself! Go ahead, pick our brains!)
- Watching someone else shoot can give you lots of great ideas for what you want to do with your own clients (or even what you DON’T want to do with your own clients.)
- It’s pretty fun and we’re cool people to hang out with so that’s a plus ;-)
- We promise to give you an awesome hug at the end of the night! (You’re sold now aren’t you?)
Can I bring my camera?
- Since we’re a husband & wife team, there’s already two crazy paparazzi following our couples around all day. That alone can be a little intimidating for clients, so at this time, we are NOT looking for second (or in this case third) shooters.
I want in! How do I get on your list?
- Just submit the form below with some information about you and we’ll contact you if we are in need of some help! In the mean time, if you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org